If you are like most people, even business owners, you might not know much about commercial roofs. We here at Apex Commercial Roofing are here to help. We have compiled an introductory list of the most common commercial roofs. If you would like to learn more, or if you are in the market for a commercial roof, start here for a review of a few basics.
Common types of commercial roofs include:
- Apartment Complex Roofing: If you own an apartment building, you know that regular maintenance and upkeep is needed for your apartments. This is the same for apartment complex roofing. The materials used for apartment complex commercial roofs can vary depending on the size, style and quality of the apartment building.
- Commercial Metal Roofing: These commercial roofs are especially common in manufacturing industries, and are extremely durable, flexible in design, and cost-effective.
- Commercial Flat Roofing: Commercial flat roofing is popular because it is very affordable to install and allows you a great place to store your building’s HVAC equipment.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing: Directly utilizes a motor to drive the trolley that opens and closes the door.
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin Roofing: Often times referred to by the acronym TPO, thermoplastic polyolefin roofing is a commercial roof option that is made from a blend of plastic and rubber. Business owners opt for these commercial roofs because they are resistant to UV rays and can help regulate the temperature in your building.
- Commercial Low Slope Roofing: These commercial roofs are similar to flat roofing but are designed with a slight slope that allows for proper water drainage.