When you are running a business, the state of your commercial roof is probably the last thing on your mind. However, it is of the utmost importance that you stay on top of your roof maintenance and get repairs when necessary. Otherwise, your roof could be subject to extremely expensive water damage, or it may not protect the equipment and products within your commercial building. You may even need to replace your roof early, which will cost thousands of dollars.
To help you avoid these problems, we have provided five signs that can help you tell when you need commercial roof repair:
1. Water Stains– If you notice brown or yellowish spots on your interior ceilings and walls, you may have water stains because of water intrusion through your roof. To prevent further damage, call for commercial roof repair immediately.
2. Blisters– If you notice blisters or bubbles on your commercial roof, that means there is moisture trapped beneath your roofing materials. It can seep further in and cause water damage, so it’s important to address it sooner rather than later.
3. Standing Water– Standing water on your roof may occur after it rains, but if it doesn’t go away after a couple of days, your roof may have a problem. It may have been installed improperly, so you need commercial roof repair to correct it and prevent leaks, sagging, and deterioration.
4. Higher Energy Bills– Your commercial roof can have a major effect on your energy bills. If you notice an unexplainable rise in your energy costs, it could be that your roof is allowing cold or hot air to escape, forcing your HVAC system to work harder.
5. Musty Odor– If you smell mold or similar musty odors in your commercial building, it may not necessarily be because your roof is letting water inside, but it doesn’t hurt to check.