Finding a good commercial roofing contractor may feel like trying to find a needle in a haystack, especially if you’ve been scammed or ripped off before. If you’re worried about finding a reliable, efficient, and quality-oriented commercial roofing contractor for an upcoming project, here’s what you should and shouldn’t do.
What to Do
- Ask others for suggestions—Did the commercial office park near your building recently get a new roof? Or, do you know a business contact who recently outfitted their building with a new roof? Ask them who they used to do the work. If they were happy with their commercial roofing contractor, go ahead and pursue that lead.
- Stay with contractors in your area—When faced with the choice between a local roofer and a commercial roofing contractor from outside your area, always go local. This ensures that if anything goes wrong with your roof later on, you’ll be able to find the contractor easily.
- Insist on referrals and reviewing examples of prior work—The best way to find a commercial roofing contractor you’re happy with is to review examples of their prior work and ask for referrals from satisfied customers. If the contractor can’t provide either of these things, go somewhere else.
What Not to Do
- Don’t make a decision based only on price—Extremely low bids usually mean poor-quality workmanship. With a bad roofing job, you end up having to do more repairs, which may end up exceeding the total amount you spent in the first place. Make your decision to hire a commercial roofing contractor based on multiple factors, including their bid.
- Don’t forget to get an estimate in writing—When it comes to hiring a contractor, steer clear of verbal agreements! Think of the written estimate you get from a roofing contractor as the contract that outlines everything included and involved in your upcoming project.
- Don’t rush into a decision—Unless your building’s roof is literally caving in on itself, don’t hastily hire a roofing contractor. Take your time to consider your options, compare bids, and pick a contractor you know will do a good job.
At Apex Commercial Roofing, we’d be happy to give you a reliable, fair bid on an upcoming roofing project. Contact us today to find out what sets us apart as a commercial roofing contractor!