We can help you decide if modified bitumen roofing is a good fit for your roof.
When you think of roofing, you may think of common residential roofing options like shingles, metal or maybe roofing tiles. Most people are less familiar with commercial roofing options, which is why you should seek out a professional roofing company that specializes in commercial roofing when you need one. One type of fairly common commercial roofing that isn’t well known by your average person is modified bitumen roofing.
If this is the first time you’ve ever heard of modified bitumen roofing, here are some basic facts:
- The main ingredient is asphalt.
- Even though it is mostly asphalt, this roofing doesn’t look much like a road. There are several modifiers added to the asphalt that give the final product a plastic or rubber-like quality.
- The most common modifiers are APP (Atactic Polypropylene) or SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene).
- Modified bitumen roofing usually comes in large rolls for installation.
- The final surface is smooth, but sometimes granules of minerals like aluminum or copper are added, depending on the application and specific needs.
If you need a new commercial roof on new construction or as a replacement roof on an existing building near Lakewood, Colorado, give us a call here at Apex Commercial Roofing. We have years of experience and attend frequent trainings to keep our crew well informed. We can discuss your options, including modified bitumen roofing, and help you decide which roofing material will best meet your needs and budget. Give us a call to get started today.