There are many advantages of thermoplastic polyolefin roofing.
When it comes to commercial roofing suitable for the climate and weather of Lakewood, Colorado, thermoplastic polyolefin roofing can be a great choice. However, it is not right for every building or application, so it is important to work with a qualified professional to determine if this material is the right choice for you, your building and your budget.
If you aren’t in the commercial roofing business, you may have never heard of thermoplastic polyolefin roofing. Here at Apex Commercial Roofing, we have identified the following advantages to this roofing material:
- Energy-efficient: Thermoplastic polyolefin roofing is white, which means it reflects a lot of solar energy and heat away from your building. It can help you save money on your utility bills and improve temperature regulation in your building.
- Durable: This material is made of a plastic and rubber blend, and it can withstand the Colorado climate and weather. It remains flexible at very low temperatures and can be heat welded into a single piece, making leaks less likely.
- Ozone and UV resistant: Not only is this material resistant to some chemicals, it is resistant to damage by ozone and ultraviolet rays as well.
- Can add fire retardant: You have the option of adding fire retardant to the material.
- Lower environmental impact: Overall, the creation of thermoplastic polyolefin roofing has less environmental impact than PVC.
While this roofing material is not right for every building and application, it may be a great choice for you. Give us a call here at Apex Commercial Roofing and we will help you find the right roof for your needs.